CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday BROOKLYN!!!

Today is Brooklyn’s 6th birthday. WOW!!!! This makes me feel sooooo old. Time flies so fast. It seems like she was just a baby. I love her so very much. Just a couple of nights ago we set aside time to spend with her since we knew we wouldn’t be able to spend time with her on her actual birthday, which saddens me tremendously. My husband and I will be gone to a Junior Bible Quiz Tournament today through Saturday so we had a mini party for her. It was just us…..daddy, mommy, Brooklyn & Ashlynn. We had a great time. I cooked our favorite meal….T-bone steaks, Au Gratin Potatoes (Sis. Smith’s yummy recipe) corn & Texas Toast. After that we had family Wii game time. Brooklyn always beats us at bowling. Then we got in the kitchen and let Brooklyn make her very first cake. Her own birthday cake. It was a blast. There is hardly a dull moment in our home. Especially with a 6 yr old and 19 month old…..oh and I must not forget the 33 yr old kid (daddy). Then we let her open her gift. It was a fun time. I am sad that our calendar is so full and not able to throw her a birthday party to invite friends to. However, I am grateful for the special bonding & quality family time we got to spend together. Nothing tops that. No gift is better than that and I pray that I will not allow my calendar, schedule, or busy life get in the way of spending time with my family. These times are priceless!!!

The best inheritance a person can give to his children is a few minutes of his time each day. –O.S. Battista




But most importantly our time with God is more valuable than anything. I hope to teach my children a valuable lesson about the importance of our time with God. There is not a day that goes by that we do not pray with our children before they go to bed. It is very important to us to not only have family time but to show our children they must find time to have God time too. A question comes to mind as I type this….What Would You Teach Your Children If It Was Your Last Day With Them? It made me seriously think about what my job is as a mother is really all about. Do I want to mold my daughter into a dream I have for her? No. I have to figure out how to empower her to be herself and achieve her own dreams and desires. For God says, “Delight in Me…and I will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:3-5 To teach my children how to fulfill their dreams, I need to teach them how to “delight in God”. What does that really mean? I believe it means to teach them not to be afraid of God, that He’s not some mean judge that will punish them for being bad, but rather to teach them to trust God with their deepest innermost thoughts and prayers. We never will know when our time on earth is through so every day is important…we must make sure we instill in them the importance of delighting themselves in the Lord.

SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL!!!

This photo was taken by my favorite photographer…Redonia Smith




6 comments:

Belinda said...

Our sweet lil girl is growing up! :) We love her bunches! Matter of fact, we love all ya'll bunches tee hee.
Love ya Sis A

Tracie Smith said...

Happy b'day to you
Happy b'day to you
Happy b'day dear Brooklyn
Happy b'day to you!

Wow I remember when you were first born. We were all so excited. Your mommy and daddy were so nervous. I remember it took both of them to change your diaper or get a bottle ready for you @ church.

You have grown up into a beautiful little girl. I love the times I have got to pray with you at church. You are a special little girl.

PS I really love your cake!!!! It is so cute.

Carrie Blair said...

Heart felt post Deadra! Love you!
Happy Birthday Bookie nicole!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!!! You are soooo sweet! Love ya!!!

KAN said...

What an awesome tribute to your little girl. I LOVE the baking of your own birthday cake. You know Deadra, you will go to sleep one day and wake up and she'll be grown. It is the scariest thing! Spend all of the wonderful, memorable, quality times you can with her. Making positive and fun memories that will last a lifetime.

And speaking of little girls. Miss Ashlyn was so cute Wednesday nite. I passed in front of the nursery window, and only saw Kyleigh. I bent over and "kissed" her through the window. Ashlyn came from the side of the window, and with her hands DISTINCTLY on her hips put her lips up puckered to the window. A real "don't you dare forget me" kind of moment. (Just like my sons, your daughters are SOSOSOSOSO different. But I do love the both!!!)

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=zonealarm antivirus 7.0.470 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg