CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Day in the Life of the Backhus Family...

I have just recently pick up a BAD habit....drinking coffee. It's so bad that I drink a cup nearly every night. It's all Sis. Smith's fault....she got me hooked on this cinnamion creme creamer (teasing), it's wonderful. I started drinking it because it helps me stay awake....why would you want to stay awake....well my husband works night and day it seems like and I try to stay up with him most nights BUT not always does that happen....but if I drink a cup of coffee I am wide away UNTIL.... so needless to say I am pretty tired in the mornings.

Sometimes I will try to get clothes and lunches ready at night to help me in the mornings BUT that doesn't always happen either so it's always RUSH RUSH RUSH in the mornings. I hate the feeling of RUSH when I'm half asleep...lol Anyway, so I guess the moral to this story IS, I need to quit drinking coffee. So I'm running late to the office as usual and I get a call and it's my dear husband letting me know he is broke down. Argh!!!! This is not good. So I go rescue him and pay for the wrecker to tow our truck to the dealership. Hopefully nothing too bad is wrong....so about 2hours later my husband sends me a message that the engine in the truck may need to be repaired plus some other stuff...oh, NO!!! Okay, so my first thought was....if God can heal me, you and everybody else then He can heal an engine, right? So I prayed!!! Some of you may think I'm weird...but I had faith. So, about 2.5 hours later my husband calls me again...."Babe, the engine is alright"....sigh...Thank you JESUS!!! Whew.......saved us about $3500...see it pays to get on your knees.

About 3:00 pm Ashlynn's teacher calls and says she had fever....great....there is a HUGE, NASTY, sickness going around and I don't want it at all. So I go pick her up, give her motrin and pray in Jesus Name she does not get that mess....in fact we saw one of her classmates vomiting as they were leaving school today...yuk! So now we are on our way to pick up Jeff from work since his car is in the shop and all of a sudden Brooklyn starts crying that her stomach hurts, she's doubled over in the back seat of the car and in tears....great, what if she has this sickness too. So by now I'm just hoping we make it to Jeff's office before she gets sick in my car when BAM! Someone just hits my car! Yes, someone backed into my car! Great, we just got our car out of the shop from a drunk driver hitting us....lol. All I can do is laugh at this point. We have had a great day.

Well, I'm glad to tell you that my girls are doing better, my car has a bobo, my truck is in the shop, my husband is still working, I'm still up cause I had a cup of coffee and all I can do is laugh!

You know, when it rains it pours. I just want to make sure that I pass whatever test comes my way. I could of easily gotten a bad attitude about every little issue today, but there is something about being close to Him...everything looks different. What if I had a bad spirit or a feel sorry for me attitude....would my engine need to be replaced, would my girls still be sick, would I still be upset. I'm glad I gave it all to HIM to deal with. Thank you Jesus for being apart of my day. And thank you to all of you who shared in my laughter today. Laughter is good for the soul.

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Better laughter than tears and frustration! What would the day been like without the Lord? Glad everyone and everything is going to be ok. Love you!

Yvette said...

Wow, what a day!!! Glad all is well!....... Oh, and welcome to the wonderful world of coffee!!! You may want to try Tasters Choice DECAF at nights! It's pretty tasty if you like a nice strong cup of coffee! :)