CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Feel So Good...


I FEEL SO GOOD are the first words that came out of her mouth.

This is Ashley Perry. She is a 13 year old girl that attends our church. She came to our church from an outreach event held about 9 months ago. She has just recently received the Holy Ghost. She comes from an under privileged home. A home with several siblings who all have different fathers and so on....(you get the picture)

I was privileged to take her this past Sunday to Shoguns for lunch. She had never been to this type place before. Her eyes were so big, she was soooo excited and overwhelmed. To us it was just a Sunday afternoon lunch with friends like usual but to her it was heaven. After lunch my oldest daughter Brooklyn, my pastor’s daughter Redonia, & I took her shopping. We bought her several new outfits, two pairs of shoes, and other accessories. My daughter had so much fun helping pick out clothes. She was running back and forth to the dressing room with clothes for her to try on. As we were standing there waiting for Ashley to show us one of the outfits Brooklyn made the comment to me saying…”I want to do this for someone when I grow up.” That made me FEEL SO GOOD. All the money spent could not add up to what those words were worth. That made this trip worth it all. While trying to impact someone’s life, I impacted my daughter’s life.

Well, we got back to the house where we had a bag full of goodies waiting for her to freshen up with for her new outfit and shoes. She had lotion, perfume, soaps, and etc….She took a shower while I ironed her clothes. When she got done Redonia curled and fixed her hair. She looked so pretty. After it was all said and done she whispered…”I FEEL SO GOOD!!!! That put the biggest smile on my face.

I thank God for the privilege to help someone feel so good and beautiful. I think this is why we are here….to impact a life, to change a life, to help save a life, to love a life, to tell a life about JESUS…..this was our way to tell a life about JESUS!!!

Redonia, Ashley & me

5 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, Deadra, you made me cry! I love ALL 4 of you girls. You learned a valuable lesson that I keep learning over and over again. When I do for another child somehow it always comes back and blesses my own even more. Please send me the pic of you 3 girls. Ashley was so beautiful Sunday night.

Yvette said...

Awesome! How rewarding!!! She does look beautiful.

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

You are killing me!!!!!

Pastor

Carrie Blair said...

Long term investments are the best kind...the rewards in the physical and spiritual are unending....she is beautiful! Love you!

Belinda said...

I need a tissue for my issue...:) So many times we do not realize how we impact others lives until.... It is truely a wonderful feeling. Love ya and wish I could have been a part.