CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

MOM

I love my mom. I was so priviledged to have her sit by me in church today. I got to hold her hand and pray with her. What a most awesome Mother's Day gift. Plus, we had a drawing to day at church for the visiting mother's. Guess who won. My MOM!!!! I was so excited for her. Thanks mom for coming to church with me today. I salute my mom today for raising 3 children by herself for most of our lives. She did her best to meet our every needs. She sometimes had to work three jobs to pay the bills and keep food on the table. (thanks mom for teacing me how to be a hard worker) We could not afford a sitter so I learned at a young age to cook, clean and bath kids. I thank my mom today for never neglecting her kids. We see that so much today.....in this world...parents are so self absorbed that they neglect or forget to teach/train their kids how to do simple things like cleaning up after themselves, taking baths...etc. If you have children, then you know what it's like to be a Mother. Often, it's a tough job. You can have unruly children and many heartaches before they are grown, but mom has done her best in order for us to be well-adjusted teenagers and now adults. Most times mother's worry that they haven't done their best with her children, especially if they don't turn out as she thought they should with all the training she had given them. But Mom today, you have done a great job, you have 3 grown children with families and 5 grandchildren and 1 on the way. (No! to all my friends I'm not expecting) I have learned to appreciatiate my mother more & more through the years as I have become an adult and mother. I realize how strong & how selfless you were & are. Mom I honor you today and love you very much. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mother-in-law

When I first saw my mother-in-law I was soooooo scared. I kept thinking in my mind about this tall, mean, harsh spoken lady that I was about to meet. When I got to her porch, she opened the screen door and said hello in the most soft spoken, sweet and heart felt voice. (btw, she was not tall....lol) I love you Debbie. I have grown to love her very much. She is so precious. I can't say enough about her. She has been so good to us.....helping us with our kids, she has kept both of our children until they were school age. Poor thing....both of our girls have almost been as big as her. I am suprised she hasn't broke her back yet. I appreciate the special time she has spent with them. My kids think Grammy's house is better than our house. I thank you Debbie, for accepting me so kindly into your family for making me feel so loved. Thank you for raising such an awesome son, my husband. You have done such a great job with him. I see you alot in him because he is so careful to make me, our children, our home feel so warm and special....It's the extra special touch that you give to our children that he has. We teased him today.....and told him Happy Mother's Day too.....he helps me sooooo much. I thank YOU for that. I want to take this time to let you know that everything you do for us does not go unnoticed. I appreciate your sacrifice from the bottom of my heart. I love you dearly, Happy Mother's Day!!!
My Spiritual Mom

Well, where do I start. Much of who I am today I have learned from you. I have learned alot from my mother, I have learned alot from my mother-in-law...but since my spiritual birth I owe alot of what I have learned to my spiritual mom, Sis. Tracie Smith. The one who I call "My other Mother." Much of my organization skills, leadership skills, how to help others, how to pray, & how to just get the job done, I have learned from this lady. (oh, I must add...how to be a work horse) Yes, I agree, most things just come natural or you pick up on as you grow older, or you are born with, or is just plain talent....BUT I have watched this lady, help sooo many people, love other peoples kids, I have watched how unselfish, how compassionate, & loving she is that you can't help to learn or pick up on. When I first got in the church and didn't know how to pray or what to say, I would just listen to her. Today, as I watch her with two grown kids...I am still taking notes. This lady is so special to me. She has loved and treated me like her own. I even call her children bubba & sissy and refer to them as Mom & Dad sometimes. I have had many trials, situations, ups & downs that she has coached me threw as if I were her own child. Thanks for telling me like it is....for being sooooo real. I appreciate you so very much, you are soooo very special to me. Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Aaaaahhhhh how sweet! You didn't photoshop my pic before posting though....I really did need the day spa certificate, huh??? Deadra, I love you very much. You are "one of our girls". Thanks for being an awesome secretary and making lots of lists for Bro. Smith and me! Thanks for being a great mommy to two special girls, Brooklyn and Ashlynn. I hope you enjoyed your day with your Mom and Mom-in-law!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

And you are a great Mom as well....

I noticed your girls this weekend dressed kinda alike and so pretty...

Thanks for being who and what you are to us....

Thanks Bro Jeff for allowing her to do such...

Pastor

Deadra Backhus said...

Ahhh...thanks you are both sweet. I too am glad that the Lord has blessed us so I am able to do what I do for ya'll....I love you both dearly.

Carrie Blair said...

So many treasures in one life...

Love you!