CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

God is still...

As many of you already know, our little precious Kenzie passed away yesterday. She took her last breath so peaceful, painless, & with no struggle. Although she's gone, her little life was such a miracle. The doctors & nurses were amazed at what a fighter she was and what a miracle they witnessed. God allowed us precious time with her for 7 days. Brandon & Letha are thankful for the time they got to spend with Kenzie.

These past several weeks my faith was at it's stongest. I don't ever remember a time that I had so much faith. I had faith for the whole family. I believed God was going to heal this baby. But His plan is not always our plan. His plan is perfect! Even though God did not choose to heal baby Kenzie my faith has not weakened. Because I know God is still...

A miracle worker
In controll
On time
A healer
Our provider
Our peace in the midst of the storm

I'm thankful today because I know that during this time my family has come to know His peace, His perfect love & His strength.

I believe God is not finished with my family.

Thank you to all who have prayed for my family and for Kenzie. She is so special to me.

Her funeral will be Wednesday @ 11:00 am.

3 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Deadra, it's as if the Lord prepared you for this time. Bro. Smith and I witnessed as even before the hospital ordeal how God worked in your life.

We have discussed what if you would not have been sensitive to God's working in you? I sit here with tears knowing God is in control.

We love you and your entire family. Though we are saddened by the loss of Kenzie we are expecting the miracle to continue....

Love you!

Linda Weldon said...

God always knows what we need - when we need it. He is forever faithful and merciful. I am thankful for what I feel God is doing in the lives of your family. I have to work tomorrow, but I will be praying for all of you. God's timing is always perfect and HE is perfect in ALL His ways! Love you bunches! Sis. Weldon

KAN said...

Sis Deadra, that little bundle has a whole huge family she never got the chance to know, but that family at CUPC is more the better, more the stronger, more full of faith, more full of GOD, for getting to know her.

I know I thank God for the chance to be in her little life, praying for her and her mommy and daddy. I also KNOW that He is NOT finished with your family, just as HE is NOT finished with mine.

Can't wait to rejoice with you when your whole family stands at the altar before God weeping and crying in the Holy Ghost!!!