CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update on Kenzie

She is beautiful! A miracle! A fighter! She is now 3 days old. Doing awesome to say the least. She is already a miracle in the doctors eyes. All her vitals are normal her temp is normal...in fact it's up today from 97.4 to 99. Because of the cleft palate she cannot suck on a bottle. So in order to get Kenzie to eat they inserted a feeding tube yesterday at 3:30pm. She has had a feeding every 3 hours since then. They have checked her to see if she is processing the formula and much to the doctors surprise she is. This too is a miracle. They weren't expecting her to process any of the food. She has lost a few ounces in weight but that is normal, in fact she has only lost 5 oz. Most babies loose 10 or more while in the hospital. So this is great news as well.

I just wanted to keep everyone updated and say a GREAT BIG THANKS to all those who have been praying. Please continue to pray not only for Kenzie but please pray for my family and their salvation as well. I love each of you more than you know and your love, prayers, & generosity towards my famiy makes my heart swell. Here are a few more pictures of Kenzie...

7 comments:

Yvette said...

Ohhhhh she is sooo precious!!! Thank you so much for keeping us updated on this sweet miracle baby!!!

Love you!!!!

Vicki said...

Deadra, we will continue to pray that the Lord will be with your family in a very special way! He is able!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

This is not fair...

I don't see a pic of me holding Kinzie.....

That will change today!!!!!

Misti Ferguson said...

Thanks for the update, Dee. We have been praying for her and the high school class has had special prayer for her for the last two mornings...God answers prayer!

Tracie Smith said...

She's adorable!!!! I can't wait until she is able to come to church. Everyone will be so exiceted to see her. What a miracle! I know she still has many 'issues' but God is able.

KAN said...

I KNOW that the Rev R Kent Smith has a very special place in his heart for little Miss Kenzie. A picture had better make its home here soon of him and the baby. My My My. How could this happen!?!

Deadra Backhus said...

I think he will make his debut soon...lol....there will be a special post soon about Rev. R. Kent Smith...lol