CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Back...

WOW, it’s been awhile since I sat down to blog….I barely have had time to read blogs. I have been extremely busy the past several weeks. I am very privileged to be able to work at the church which allows me to take off with the school holidays. For that, I am very grateful. We got 2 weeks off. Thanks Pastor! During that time off I got to spend a lot of time with my girls, Christmas shop, cook & try new recipes, attend Christmas parties, spend time with family….etc….however, this year during my time off I set an unusual goal…I wanted to have my 2 year old potty trained by the time we went back to school. I am proud to say that goal was accomplished!!!! YEAH Ashlynn!!!

I had a wonderful Christmas as well. Spending time with family, friends and shopping was some of the highlights but one of my Christmas wishes came true…..I got to talk to my dad. This is huge! This is kind of complicated to explain but needless to say I was truly excited.

So Christmas is over and now it’s time to plan a new year. I had been thinking during the holidays what I wanted to accomplish this year and I came up with a few simple goals…
- Let my nails grow
- Drink more water
- Exercise more
- Read the Bible through
- Have a more powerful prayer life


See, I told you those were simple…but the other day I was packing up all my Christmas décor and I started thinking about how loving, caring & giving this season has been. I’ve seen it in my family, at the church and friends. So as I packed, I decided I didn’t want to pack up the meaning of Christmas….JESUS….I want to continue to love like He loves, care for others like He cares, & give to others like He gives to us. I want to evermore make it a goal, an endeavor to be a part of my daily life.

Bro. Smith taught a lesson about this one Wednesday night last year… (I want to add this to my list of goals as well)

The 7 Up's

- WAKE UP - Begin the day with the Lord.
This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24

- DRESS-UP - Put on a smile. It makes you look better.
Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature, because I have refused him, for the Lord seeth no as man seeth, for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1 Sam 16:7

- SHUT-UP – God gave us two ears and one mouth. We should listen twice as much as we talk. Don't gossip. Say nice things. Learn to listen.
He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life, but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. Proverbs 13:3 A gossip betrays a confidence, so avoid a man who talks to much. Proverbs 20:19 NIV

- STAND-UP – He that stands for nothing will fall for anything. Take a stand for what you believe. And Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not. Galatians 6:9-10

- LOOK-UP - Open your eyes to the Lord.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

- REACH-UP - Spend time in prayer for all your fears.
Trust in the Lord with all thine hear, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

- LIFT-UP – Exalt & Magnify the King of Kings!
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men unto me. John 12:32

We have been extremely busy in the office this week. Catching up on two weeks of missed work, planning for a new year, cleaning out closets….etc.
We have our leadership meeting this Saturday and I’m pumped…..it’s going to be AWESOME. I can’t wait for the challenge. I love new challenges. I happen to know what Pastor is going to teach…I won’t spill the beans….but it is going to be good.

Well, now that I have caught up in the blog world, I will leave you with this…

A basketball in my hands is worth about $19.
A basketball in Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A baseball in my hands is worth about $6.
A baseball in Roger Clemens' hands is worth $475 million.
It depends on whose hands it's in.

A tennis racket is useless in my hands.
A tennis racket in Andre Agassi's hands is worth millions.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A rod in my hands will keep away an angry dog.
A rod in Moses' hands will part the mighty sea.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A slingshot in my hands is a kid's toy.
A slingshot in David's hand is a mighty weapon.
It depends whose hands it's in.

Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches.
Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in Jesus' hands will feed thousands.
It depends whose hands it's in.

Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse.
Nails in Jesus Christ's hands will
Produce salvation for the entire world.
It depends whose hands it's in.

So put your concerns, your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your families and your relationships in God's hands because... It depends whose hands it's in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Post, Deadra. I too have some goals this year but I really do want to put some "legs" to my prayers. I know you are proud of your accomplishment with Ahlynn being potty train. I am so glad you talked with your dad.
love,
Shirley Patrick

Yvette said...

Glad you are back!!!! :)